Friday, July 07, 2006

Back from the dead?

*cough* *cough* *sputter* *sputter*

The fine Florida post-winter weather has passed on into heat, humidity, and hurricane hell, so I'm back to while away the hours in air-conditioned and monitor-lit solitude.

Wow, do I love MIT! In my dream of dreams, I thought of going to MIT for Cognitive Science back when I was noticing their work on wearable computers and nanotechnology (both science-fictiony interests of mine), but circumstance and some lack of motivation has kept me here grounded wholly in the dirt and grime of the real world. Well, it looks like my dream may be fulfilled after all:

http://ocw.mit.edu/index.html

That's right, MIT course content is being made freely available to anyone who has the fortitude to stick with it. Maybe it really is true: the internet makes you smart.

Ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home